Priscilla Crommelin Ball, Executive Artistic Director
Kyana Goodyear, School Director
Priscilla Crommelin-McMullan, Youth Company Director
Youth Ballet Company
Classical ballet technique is the basis for all forms of dance. In the Alabama River Region Ballet Youth Company, we focus on a strong foundation in Classical Ballet and then incorporate other styles on top of that to create a diverse dancer. Company members experience numerous performing experiences through workshops and performances in Classical Ballet, Contemporary Ballet and Modern Dance to further their dance education. We pride ourselves on having the highest caliber training in the River Region.
Learning and practicing the art of ballet has been proven to have lifelong benefits-mentally, emotionally, and physically and Youth Company excels in these areas. The ARRB Youth Company focuses on the individual talents of each dancer with the desire to form a diverse and harmonious company of young dancers.
We are thrilled to be celebrating our 10th Anniversary Season and welcome any aspiring young dancer to be a part of Alabama's Premiere Pre-Professional Youth Company.
Special artistic enrichment opportunities
for Youth Company members
* Youth Ballet Company auditions are open to all dancers ages 12 & up with one year of pointe experience. Dancers must currently be enrolled in the Alabama River Region Ballet School.
* Workshops and performances will be held in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
* Special workshops will be offered in Classical Ballet, Contemporary Ballet, and Modern Dance directed by renowned choreographers, master teachers, and professional dancers.
* Field trips for Youth Company members will include performances of the Alabama Ballet, Alabama’s premier professional ballet company, Atlanta Ballet, Georgia’s premier professional ballet company, as well as the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and concerts at Huntingdon College.
* An annual fee of $500 (for students enrolled in classes at ARRB), payable in one, two, or four equal installments, will be required for membership in the Youth Company. Youth Company members are required to be registered students in the ARRB School.
* Scholarships will be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
* Classes, rehearsals, performances, workshops, field trips, and performance costume fees are all included in the $500 annual membership.
* Youth Company tuition is nonrefundable.
* Youth Company class and rehearsals will be held on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm. Additional rehearsals may also be scheduled on Fridays.